PDFgui installation in Mac M3 MAX

Divyansh Gautam

May 20, 2024, 12:19:44 PMMay 20
to diffpy-users
Hi All,
I am finding difficulty in installing diffpy-cmi  in my MacOS (14.4.1 (23E224)) M3 Max chip. Can someone help me here?
Thanks
Divyansh

Simon Billinge

May 20, 2024, 12:46:37 PMMay 20
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Divyansh,

We are working on updated releases of diffpy-cmi but have run into a snag that is taking some time to resolve.

We do have a workaround  that is known to work for the M2 chip (thanks to Milinda Abeykoon for this).

CONDA_SUBDIR=osx-64 conda create -n cmi37 python=3.7

conda activate cmi37

conda config --env --set subdir osx-64

conda install -c conda-forge diffpy-cmi

It uses Rosetta to run osx-64 packages in arm architecture.

I am not sure if it will work with the M3 chip but maybe you could try.

Simon Billinge
Professor,
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics
Columbia University

Divyansh Gautam

May 20, 2024, 1:58:56 PMMay 20
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,
It worked, Thanks🙌
Divyansh

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "diffpy-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diffpy-users/CANugsUFzXHnvb4JM4kwUTjCorq%3Dc%3Da5Pxe3yDsB2e3TV4KC-Jg%40mail.gmail.com.