Error from starting pdfgui after successful installation

Onetooth302

Oct 24, 2023, 10:22:17 AM10/24/23
to diffpy-users
Hi Simon,

I have successfully installed pdfgui by using the command 'conda install -c conda-forge diffpy.pdfgui'. And right after the first installation, I could start the pdfgui program by typing 'pdfgui' from the anaconda command prompt after activating 'pdfgui2'.
However, when I tried to reoepn 'pdfgui' program, the anaconda command prompt showed the error message below.
 Error.jpg
I have installed the 'platformdirs' by using the command 'conda install conda-forge platformdirs, but the same error message keeps appearing.

Could you please help me with this?
Thank you.

Best regards,
SeYoung Kim

Mikkel Juelsholt

Nov 2, 2023, 1:20:55 PM11/2/23
to diffpy-users
Hi SeYoung Kim

I am fairly sure PDFgui only works in python 3.9. You use 3.10

Cheers Mikkel

SE YOUNG KIM

Nov 11, 2023, 9:31:52 AM11/11/23
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikkel,

Thank you.
I reinstalled python 3.9 and the program worked fine.

Best,
Se Young Kim