Post Doc Opportunity for Synchrotron Studies of Molten Salts, Solutes and Interfaces

Gill, Simerjeet

Jan 18, 2022, 1:58:16 PM1/18/22
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com

On behalf of Energy Frontier Research Center on Molten Salts in Extreme Environments (MSEE) at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), I would like to bring your attention to  postdoctoral Research Associate position within the Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC) on Molten Salts in Extreme Environments.

The position requires a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, physics, materials science or a related field. The interdisciplinary research will focus on structural and spectroscopic investigation of molten salts, solutes in them, and liquid-solid interfaces. You can find the detailed description of the position requirements and apply online, go to https://jobs.bnl.gov under Job ID 2921(https://jobs.bnl.gov/job/upton/post-doc-synchrotron-studies-of-molten-salts-solutes-and-interfaces/3437/19297147792)

The postdoc will investigate molten salt systems using NSLS-II beamline facilities at Brookhaven National Laboratory, with  X-ray absorption fine structure along with x-ray scattering techniques. This position will be in Nuclear Science and Technology Department at Brookhaven National Lab, Under supervision of Dr. Simerjeet Gill. Responsibilities will include performing synchrotron experiments on molten salt systems with and without actinides and collaborating with other participants of MSEE-EFRC. For inquiries, please email me at gi...@bnl.gov.

Thank you,

Simerjeet K Gill,

Group leader,

Nuclear Science and Technology Department,

Brookhaven National Lab,

Upton, NY 11973