relation of fit range with delta2

ali dordaee

Jul 13, 2022, 1:25:27 PM7/13/22
to diffpy-users
 Hi every one,
 I hope all is well. I was fitting, I saw really differet amounts for delta2. For instace, we I was fitting from 0-20 Angstroms, delta2 was (for example) 8, and the second time when I tried to fit from 0-21 Angstroms, delta2 was 3.5, and the next time, when I was fitting from 0-19 Angstroms, the obtained delta2 was  -4 !

 The numbers are not exact, but I have seen such behaviors from diffpy-cmi when I was changing the fit range only by 1 Angstrom each time. Could anybody please disclose this to me? Thanks in advance.

Simon Billinge

Jul 13, 2022, 2:21:28 PM7/13/22
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ali,

When things like this happen it is good to check the variable correlations.  Is the variable that handles delta2 correlated strongly with any other parameter?

Simon Billinge
Professor, Columbia University
Physicist, Brookhaven National Laboratory

ali dordaee

Jul 13, 2022, 4:31:00 PM7/13/22
to diffpy-users
Yes Simon, it is correlated with Psize which is my particle size, but the thing I have also seen in diffpy sample codes is even those sample codes have one or two warnings of correlations. By the way, I don't know why the threshold is taken as 0.5, why not 0.6? I'd appreciate it if you could please address some resources in this regard.

 Thanks in advance,
 Bests,