PDFgui 2.0.4 not conculating

Tony Wang

Jul 24, 2024, 9:25:03 PM (2 days ago) Jul 24
to diffpy-users
Dear Diffpy Friends,

I am a xPDFsuite user with an academic license. The PDFgui inside is 1.1a.
Following directions from other threads, I am installing PDFgui 2.0.4 separately with Anaconda.

But my standalone PDFgui 2.0.4 does not calculate at all. Please see below screenshot.
From the output, the program seems stuck on "Reading 4 columns ..."
Untitled.png
It is a new installation and I have run ""conda update -c conda-forge diffpy.pdfgui", so I am sure it's the latest version.

I am out of idea what could be wrong. Could anyone please give me a hint? Or what should I check.

Thank you very much!

Tony Wang
Queensland University of Technology

Tony Wang

Jul 24, 2024, 11:35:59 PM (2 days ago) Jul 24
to diffpy-users
Sorry, It's me again.
Just to add some error message from the CMD terminal; looks like something associated with numpy?
Untitled.png
Cheers!

Tony Wang
Queensland University of Technology

Simon Billinge

Jul 25, 2024, 12:56:22 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tony,

Thanks for posting.  This looks like it might be a numpy 2.0 issue.   We are working to update the codes this summer, but it should be possible to get your installation working if you pin numpy to 1.x.  In your conda environment  typing `conda install numpy=1` will downgrade your numpy and hopefully PDFgui will run again.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

Simon Billinge
Professor,
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics
Columbia University
Message has been deleted

Tony Wang

Jul 25, 2024, 12:41:39 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to diffpy-users
Ah! Thank you very much Prof. Billinge,

I joined your talks in the 2023 Crystallophraphic Computing School just before the IUCr conference. Thank you very much for the python talk!

Yes, the solution works!

And thanks very much for the Primer book "PDF to the people"!, the flow of texts is very friendly to readers!
I really like it and will recommend it to all my PDF students. :)

Best Regards!