xPDF 64bit error

Adrian H Hill

Jul 21, 2015, 10:53:45 AM7/21/15
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
One of m my colleagues is trying to install the 64bit version on her 64bit laptop but is hitting a problem.
She gets the attached error message (error_xpdf_64bit.jpg) in the command prompt after running installed executable.  The xPDF splash screen comes up, but that is it.

Is there something we can do to fix this?  For the time being we have resorted to the 32 bit version on her laptop (she has 64 bit, I have 32 bit).

Many thanks

Adrian

P.S.  sorry for the multiple threads, but I thought it was best to seperate the two build issues.
error xpdf_64bit.JPG

Xiaohao Yang

Jul 21, 2015, 11:05:40 AM7/21/15
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
When you install the software, did you also download the other two add-on package and put then in the same directory of the instillation file? It seems the add-on packages are not installed. Try to install the software again with the add-on packages.

To install the add-on packages manually:

1. run the pdfgui_addon_x64.exe, extract to c:\xPDFsuite. Then in the terminal, do:

  cd c:\xPDFsuite\pdfgui_addon_x64
  install_pdfgui.bat

2. run the pyfai_addon_x64, extract to c:\xPDFsuite\Python27_x64.
3. Try to run the software again.

Best,
Xiaohao

Xiaohao Yang

Applied Physics & Applied Mathematics
Columbia University
500 West 120th Street
Room 200 Mudd, MC 4701
New York, NY 10027

Email: xy2...@columbia.edu

Adrian H Hill

Jul 21, 2015, 11:42:25 AM7/21/15
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
Xiaohao.

On the nouvant download site, there are only the main zip files.  The 64 bit version only has the xPDFsuite_comm_x64.exe file in it.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian H Hill

Jul 21, 2015, 11:46:16 AM7/21/15
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot of the available downloads here:
Capture2.JPG