CMI Mac problem

Monica Dapiaggi

May 9, 2015, 9:11:51 AM5/9/15
to diffp...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,
I’m trying to install cmi on my mac (with Maverick).
macport is up and running (I did the tests suggested on the website)
then I download cmi, unpack it and install… I get a lot of warnings looking like this "g++: warning: couldn't understand kern.osversion ’14.3.0”, so I suppose I have something missing from my mac, but the installation procedure seems to go on anyway.
At the end, however, I get this "scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for C++ library ObjCryst... no
Checking for C++ library boost_python... no
Checking for C++ library boost_python-mt... no
This program requires 'boost_python’ library”

the tests were failing (of course) and I followed the advice with ./install —build

but same result…

Can anyone who knows more than I do help me?

Cheers,
Monica
---
Monica Dapiaggi
****************
Per destinare il 5x1000 all'Universita' degli Studi di Milano: indicare nella dichiarazione dei redditi il codice fiscale 80012650158.

http://www.unimi.it/13084.htm?utm_source=firmaMail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=linkFirmaEmail&utm_campaign=5xmille

Simon

May 9, 2015, 6:42:54 PM5/9/15
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
Well obviously the solution is to get rid of that Mac and get a nice windows computer like everyone else, Monica :)

Sent from my iPhone

Pavol Juhas

May 9, 2015, 10:36:25 PM5/9/15
to DiffPy developers
Hi Monica,

Don't listen to Simon, he is just envious of your shiny Mac!

It seems like the boost library is either not installed in MacPorts or
cannot be found by the installer.
Can you check if the output of "port installed" shows the boost package?
If not, please run the port install command from
http://www.diffpy.org/products/diffpycmi/install.html#mac-os-x, ie,

sudo port install \
python27 py27-setuptools py27-ipython py27-lxml \
gsl boost py27-numpy py27-scipy py27-matplotlib scons git

and then run the "./install" command again.

I hope this helps, let me know if there are still problems.
Cheers,

Pavol

--
Dr. Pavol Juhas
Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department