pdfgui doesn't start

David Doblas

Mar 12, 2019, 1:19:22 AM3/12/19
to diffpy-dev
I just installed pdfgui using Anaconda in a py27 environment recently created. Apparently the installation went smooth but when I try to launch it from the CLI I get the error attached in the screenshot.

As I said, clean installation without any errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
David
captura.png

Pavol Juhas

Mar 12, 2019, 1:26:42 AM3/12/19
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:51:12AM -0700, David Doblas wrote:
> I just installed pdfgui using Anaconda in a py27 environment
> recently created. Apparently the installation went smooth but when
> I try to launch it from the CLI I get the error attached in the
> screenshot.

Dear David,

This happens, because system harfbuzz library for font rendering
is incompatible with Anaconda harfbuzz. The easiest fix is to
install Anaconda harfbuzz so it finds a compatible version:

conda install -n py27 harfbuzz

Hope this works,

Pavol

PS: See the following message for more details
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diffpy-users/86kXDfpOyoM/__VkdAzdAQAJ