Help comparing SQL Server to Oracle DB tables

frogythegreat

Apr 30, 2012, 1:04:16 PM4/30/12
to diffkit-user
Hi all, new to diffkit, working through this...
I need to do a comparison between tables on an Oracle DB, and some SQL
Server DBs ( one is '05, the other is '08)

I'm set up and connecting ok, and the portion of the comparisons
between the 2 SQL server's works fine, so I don't think I have a
config issue? but I'm getting the following error comparing data
types, and was wondering how to accomplish the necessary 'casting' or
comparisons.
I'm mostly interested in making sure the schema is the same across all
the DBs, with allowances for datatypes that have to be changed between
the two.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Here is the error:

-bash-3.2$ java -jar ../diffkit-app.jar -planfiles
sctest.plan.xml,dbConnectionInfo.xml
DiffKit home->/home/schudsonuser/diffkit
dropin dir->/home/schudsonuser/diffkit/dropin
no jar files in dropin dir
planfile(s)->[sctest.plan.xml, dbConnectionInfo.xml]
lhsSource->DKDBSource@686963d0[NEXTUIN_TEST_DATA,jdbc:oracle:thin:@//
pesdv2db.corp.siriusxm.com:1521/PESDV2]
rhsSource->DKDBSource@5f18223d[NEXTUIN,jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://
nj03sctst01.sirius.corp:1433/SupplyChain1]
sink->DKFileSink@73eb904d[./sctest.sink.diff]
tableComparison-
>org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKAutomaticTableComparison@6e4eeaaf

ERROR[12:51:50.120]{main}(DKApplication.main:135)-null
java.lang.RuntimeException: lhs key component->Column[CREDITEDCORPID]
type->DECIMAL must match rhs key component->Column[CreditedCorpID]
type->INTEGER
at
org.diffkit.diff.engine.DKStandardTableComparison.validateTableModels(DKStandardTableComparison.java:
256) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.engine.DKStandardTableComparison.buildRowComparator(DKStandardTableComparison.java:
123) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.engine.DKStandardTableComparison.<init>(DKStandardTableComparison.java:
78) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKAutomaticTableComparison.buildStandardComparison(DKAutomaticTableComparison.java:
150) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKAutomaticTableComparison.getStandardComparison(DKAutomaticTableComparison.java:
119) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKAutomaticTableComparison.getDescription(DKAutomaticTableComparison.java:
173) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at org.diffkit.diff.engine.DKDiffEngine.diff(DKDiffEngine.java:
48) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKApplication.doDiff(DKApplication.java:196)
[diffkit-app.jar:na]
at
org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKApplication.runPlan(DKApplication.java:177)
[diffkit-app.jar:na]
at org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKApplication.main(DKApplication.java:
115) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
[na:1.6.0_31]
at
39) [na:1.6.0_31]
at
25) [na:1.6.0_31]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [na:
1.6.0_31]
at
com.jdotsoft.jarloader.JarClassLoader.invokeMain(JarClassLoader.java:
571) [diffkit-app.jar:na]
at org.diffkit.diff.conf.DKLauncher.main(DKLauncher.java:29)
[diffkit-app.jar:na]

Yamuna Reddy

Jun 24, 2020, 10:23:16 AM6/24/20
to diffkit-user