create a plugin

malainine abba

Jun 11, 2015, 7:05:37 AM6/11/15
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
hello everybody
I'm new in DIEM , and i want to create a plugin for planification of projects (planning ) ..

malainine abba

Jun 12, 2015, 5:56:57 AM6/12/15
to diem-...@googlegroups.com

can any one help ? i just want how to create a plugin , a tuto will be great (not in officiel site)

4levels

Jun 12, 2015, 6:19:48 AM6/12/15
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can have a look at one of the existing plugins to get a feeling..  The Symfony 1 documentation on the plugin system is a great place to start as one can consider Diem is an elaborate extension to Symfony 1.
Do keep in mind that the development of Diem is somewhat halted as all underlying frameworks have released major new (incompatible) versions and/or dropped support for the old ones.  Rewriting Diem to use the new frameworks seems to be a daunting task and can even be questioned as idea.  I still use Diem for my older projects, but I'm moving towards a more up to date setup with a separate frontend / backend / api approach.

Kind regards,

Erik

--

---

Jörg Wegner

Jun 12, 2015, 9:13:45 AM6/12/15
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On 06/12/2015 12:19 PM, 4levels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you can have a look at one of the existing plugins to get a feeling..
> The Symfony 1 documentation on the plugin system is a great place to
> start as one can consider Diem is an elaborate extension to Symfony 1.

I recommend the sfTaskExtraPlugin. It makes it easier to create a new
plugin although some Diem related directories/files in the plugins
'config' directory are not created. These are:

- app.yml

- dm/assets.yml
- dm/config.yml
- dm/modules.yml
- dm/services.yml
- dm/widget_types.yml

- doctrine/schema.yml

and translation files in directory data/dm/i18n/

HTH

Jörg

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:56 AM malainine abba
> <abba.ma...@gmail.com <mailto:abba.ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> can any one help ? i just want how to create a plugin , a tuto will
> be great (not in officiel site)
>
> --
>
> ---
>
> --
>
> ---

Andrew Coulton

Jun 13, 2015, 7:05:09 AM6/13/15
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
I don't mean to be negative, but if you're not yet using Diem I'd really strongly recommend looking at newer CMS/framework projects.

There's a lot of the structure of Diem (and symfony 1) that made sense at the time but is now a long way behind current best practice and is likely to lead you into building your plugin in a way that will be hard to maintain and support into the future. Additionally, the Diem community is very quiet and very small - you're likely to find a lot more documentation and help for building your plugin if you use something more modern.

I really think it only makes sense to use Diem/Symfony1 if you have a large existing project that will be too costly to change.