dmWidgetTwitterPlugin

kevin

Jun 11, 2013, 10:29:38 PM6/11/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
With the recent update of the Twitter API, is there a new version of dmWidgetTwitterPlugin what is compatible with 1.1?

4levels

Jun 25, 2013, 4:10:01 AM6/25/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com, Thibault Duplessis
Hi Thibault,

do you think you can manage to upgrade the phptwitterbot to handle the new twitter API 1.1?
I've been trying to look into it, but since the new API only works with JSON I was wondering if you could have a look at this..

Kind regards for keeping us updated!

Erik aka 4levels

--

---

4levels

Jun 25, 2013, 11:26:38 AM6/25/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

after working a while on the new implementation for the 1.1 version of the Twitter API, I managed to get the authentication working and was able to get a user timeline widget.  However, a lot of re-factoring still needs to be done as many of the twitter properties have been renamed.  Also the phptwitterbot magic (in TwitterEntity::createFromXml) that creates all required objects for an API request doesn't work anymore since each API request has now a separate structured response in JSON.
With the new API, there's also a multitude of new widgets giving more interactivity to any twitter feed displayed on a page.  https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-timelines
Therefor I think it would be better to write a new dmWidgetTwitterPlugin that facilitates placing these much more dynamic widgets in a Diem website rather than rewriting phptwitterbot and keeping the uninteractive widgets alive.

Any suggestions on this one?

Kind regards,

Erik

Jörg Wegner

Jun 25, 2013, 2:16:27 PM6/25/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com, wegner...@gmx.de
Hi,

I agree with your suggestion of developing a new Twitter plugin for Diem.

phptwitterbot shows last development activity three years ago. On a
quick Google search these two libs showed up:

- https://github.com/timwhitlock/php-twitter-api
- https://github.com/J7mbo/twitter-api-php

Maybe one of these can be used for the new plugin.

J�rg
> <mailto:diem-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

kevin

Jun 26, 2013, 11:51:16 PM6/26/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com, wegner...@gmx.de
I wound up building the widget myself, but without the search feature.  I used:

https://github.com/themattharris/tmhOAuth

My solution was very customized but I can substitute tmhOAuth for twitterbot in the old plugin and remove the search widget.  I will need a week or two.

Any interest?

- K

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:16:27 PM UTC-4, Jörg Wegner wrote:
Hi,

I agree with your suggestion of developing a new Twitter plugin for Diem.

phptwitterbot shows last development activity three years ago. On a
quick Google search these two libs showed up:

- https://github.com/timwhitlock/php-twitter-api
- https://github.com/J7mbo/twitter-api-php

Maybe one of these can be used for the new plugin.

J�rg

4levels

Jun 27, 2013, 9:21:04 AM6/27/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

thank you for your efforts, do you have a GitHub repo for your plugin somewhere?

I'm currently finalizing the refactor of the plugin to work with the new Twitter API v1.1
I'm using the application-only approach so users don't need to provide their account credentials for the plugin to work.  I still need to figure out if I can implement the search feature with this kind of authentication..

I'm also starting development on a new plugin to facilitate the generation of the new style Twitter timelines through javascript.

I'll keep you all posted here on my progress.

Kind regards,

Erik

kevin

Jun 27, 2013, 11:43:23 AM6/27/13
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Erik,

Ah, silly me. I didn't see that there was an app only method for timelines. :/

I'll need to put it together, but it was pretty straight forward. It only took a couple hours to set up. I'll set up a GIT repo ASAP.

Best,
Kevin

Jaime Suez

Feb 5, 2014, 4:54:45 AM2/5/14
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Did something happened wit this? There is a new plugin for the new API?

Thanks