Diem with php7?

ihsoil

Jul 5, 2017, 12:10:45 PM7/5/17
to diem-users
Hi,

Someone success migrate Diem in php7?
Some ideas to make that?

Thanks.

4levels

Jul 6, 2017, 5:37:23 AM7/6/17
to diem-users
Hi,

Since Diem relies on Symfony 1.4 (legacy) I don't think it's possible at the moment to use Diem with PHP7.
I could be wrong though, so please feel free to give it a try.

There's also a diem-extended composer package that also went the extra mile to support jQuery 1.9, maybe that should give you a good starting point.

If you manage to pull this of, I'd be very interested to see your solution, so please let us know here if you do.

Success and all the best,

Kind regards,

Erik

--

---

Jörg Wegner

Jul 6, 2017, 8:34:42 AM7/6/17
to diem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Maybe this Symfony 1.4 fork is worth a closer look as it states:

"This fork solely addresses security issues and compatibility with new
PHP versions. No new features, and no bc breaks for project level code
unless security absolutely demands it. Minimum PHP version is 5.3.4."

https://github.com/punkave/symfony1

Some time ago i had a look at Diem and PHP7 but due to lack of time i
had to cancel. But i would be interested in Diem working with PHP7 - if
its possible. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards

Jörg
> <mailto:diem-users+...@googlegroups.com>.