browser based version of dicompyler

Indranil Mallick

Jun 15, 2018, 1:42:19 PM6/15/18
to dicompyler
Is there a way to show dicom images, structure sets and dvh on a browser using the dicompyler core?
I believe this has been asked before, but I was hoping for an update.
I am a radiation oncologist, hoping to find a web based application for teaching and research.I have limited coding abilities (learning to code in python)

Andrew Miller

Jun 15, 2018, 11:15:03 PM6/15/18
to dicom...@googlegroups.com
Indranil,

Like you, I am also looking for Dicompyler in the web browser got research and review.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups dicompyler group. To post to this group, send email to dicom...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to dicompyler+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dicompyler?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dicompyler" group.

Indranil Mallick

Jun 17, 2018, 12:53:47 AM6/17/18
to dicom...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if something could be developed with limited educational funding that is available. It would be very valuable.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups dicompyler group. To post to this group, send email to dicom...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to dicompyler+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dicompyler?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dicompyler" group.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups dicompyler group. To post to this group, send email to dicom...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to dicompyler+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dicompyler?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dicompyler" group.

Andrew Miller

Jun 17, 2018, 1:04:55 AM6/17/18
to dicom...@googlegroups.com
I agree about the value, but having been involved with software writing, limited budgets are not likely to cut the mustard.

It is either an open source effort (free), Or a commercial group (expensive), Or employed physicists (apparently free bit not really).

A collaboration Of physicists is achievable, bit we have to find them and get the work cleared locally. Means that their boss has to see the value.

Indranil Mallick

Jun 17, 2018, 1:08:54 AM6/17/18
to dicom...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andrew.
I will work on it internally in our department and with our academic collaborators.
But happy to get any tips on how to get started.

Atul Tyagi

Jun 18, 2018, 12:02:43 AM6/18/18
to dicom...@googlegroups.com
Dear Indranil,
You can try using GenX Viewer, http://www.genxviewer.net/
its a web based system and works very well.
Thanks

--
Atul Tyagi, PhD, DRP
Consultant, Medical Physics

[...]