Calculation of D0.1cc etc.

Matt B

Jun 8, 2017, 4:37:24 AM6/8/17
to dicompyler
Hi,

I've been starting to use dicompyler-core to extract data from plans.

I was wondering if it was possible to calculate dvh statistics such as D0.1cc, V50.5,  for example.
Currently it seems as if an integer value must be used.

Thanks,

Matt

Aditya Panchal

Jun 8, 2017, 10:22:48 AM6/8/17
to dicom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

You can calculate DVH stats that are non-integer by using the
'dose_constraint' or 'volume_constraint' methods.

Since the statistics contain a decimal point, they can't be accessed
via the attribute way, like D1cc can.

See the DVH unit tests (specifically the function
'test_dvh_statistics') for some examples:

https://github.com/dicompyler/dicompyler-core/blob/master/tests/test_dvh.py#L160

Hope that helps,

Adit
> --
> "dicompyler" group.
> email to dicompyler+...@googlegroups.com.

Matt B

Jun 8, 2017, 12:22:30 PM6/8/17
to dicompyler
Hi,

I was using the 'statistic' method initially, but using the 'dose_constraint' and 'volume_constraint' does the job for me.

Cheers,

Matt