PatientPosition = 'FFS' problems

Russell Hardie

Oct 1, 2022, 5:50:02 PM10/1/22
to dicompyler
Hello all,

Thank you to the developers for providing dicomplyer.   It is a very nice DICOM viewer and one of the few free tools that can handle DICOM-RT!

I had a question related to displaying contours of a DICOM-RT structure set on CT image series.  I have created the DICOM-RT file and verified the contours in X,Y,Z (mm) space match the pixel coordinates displayed by dicomplyer.  When the cases have a PatientPosition = 'HFS' all is well and the program works great!

However, if the case is PatientPosition = 'FFS', the contours do not show up correctly (even though the X,Y,Z values of the contours are spot on over the displayed image coordinates).  If I change the CT data DICOM header to 'HFS' without changing anything else, all is well again.

I would like to be able to use dicomplyer on 'FFS' cases without having to alter the DICOM headers.

Thanks,

Russ