Diaspora facebook integration

Olexandr Dushko

Jan 30, 2017, 5:26:09 AM1/30/17
to diaspora-discuss
My question for those who written this part of wiki — excuse me, but I do not know where to ask. Integration to tumblr and twitter work from the first attempt. But when I try to reproduce facebook integration, I stucked at the very start  of the process, when guide asks me to "Fill in the "Site URL" and "Mobile Site" URLs." This fields does not exist in app creation window/box. Actually, process of app creation now does not refer to actual facebook process.

Can somebody point me to the right direction, please, and/or update wiki chapter?

Thank you.

Jack Freakazoid

Jan 31, 2017, 2:36:15 PM1/31/17
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
I guess that there is no sense to integrate a free and descetralized network with another that you can't have the control of your data.
--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.

Serra Labán, Eloy Alejandro Lautaro

Jan 31, 2017, 4:34:41 PM1/31/17
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
That's a user's decision, otherwise it would not be really free. And it may have sense, like to publicize diaspora, or because you don't need all the freedom guarantees that brings you diaspora.

E.

senya

Jan 31, 2017, 8:22:51 PM1/31/17
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com

Few people actually use Facebook integration. Do you use your own pod? What is your diaspora version?

There were some issues with Facebook, check here: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/issues/6815

Also, you can try asking podmins who have working Facebook integration directly.

30.01.2017 10:40, Olexandr Dushko пишет:
My question for those who written this part of wiki — excuse me, but I do not know where to ask. Integration to tumblr and twitter work from the first attempt. But when I try to reproduce facebook integration, I stucked at the very start  of the process, when guide asks me to "Fill in the "Site URL" and "Mobile Site" URLs." This fields does not exist in app creation window/box. Actually, process of app creation now does not refer to actual facebook process.

Can somebody point me to the right direction, please, and/or update wiki chapter?

Thank you.

Olexandr Dushko

Feb 2, 2017, 7:17:04 AM2/2/17
to diaspora-discuss, se...@riseup.net
Thank you for your response!

Few people actually use Facebook integration. Do you use your own pod? What is your diaspora version?

I use my own self-hosted pod. Diaspora version 0.6.3.0 — was the master branch at the January, 27.

There were some issues with Facebook, check here: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/issues/6815

Also, you can try asking podmins who have working Facebook integration directly.

Actually, my question was about initial settings and impossibility to create facebook app at all with wiki rules in mind, but thank you anyway. Will find further.