A proposal: Diaspora messaging

RCBarioni

Sep 24, 2016, 3:40:18 AM9/24/16
to diaspora-dev
Hy Diaspora* developers,

I'm new in the Diaspora* and I'm ahead of an Open Source project that allows systems to communicate with its users in real time via encrypted text messages (alerts, alarms, warnings, etc.), and I wonder if this service It can be added to the Diaspora.

The project was recently launched at FISL (International Free Software Forum), in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and is based on open protocol for establishing communication between systems and user devices.

The open protocol enables to communicate with any kind of equipment connected to the Internet, not just mobile devices (imagine to receive a welcome message from the Diaspora in a toaster!).

The first implementation of this project is fully functional and already has an APP for Android, which allows you to implement sending messages in few minutes.

I hope to contribute to the Diaspora and mobilize other members to engage this proposal.

Ricardo Barioni
Followzup Project
Diaspora Userid: rcbarioni

senya

Sep 24, 2016, 6:19:16 AM9/24/16
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

That's my personal opinion, but we already have a loose integration with
XMPP. Diaspora doesn't have enough resources to maintain it too well.
Introducing yet another protocol that does pretty much the same that
XMPP already does is a waste of project's limited resources. I'd prefer
better XMPP integration in that case.

Also, you specified your diaspora user ID without the host part, it
should be something like rcba...@podname.tld.

Senya,
d* id: se...@socializer.cc