Deployment runs without error but won't actually send email

Clarinda van Wyk

Jan 15, 2021, 5:16:13 AM1/15/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi

I'm trying desperately to get dialogflow to send emails.  I'm using nodemailer.
The code deploys fine, but when I go through the motions the chat runs fine, but no email arrives.  Please, please help, I'm missing something obvious, I'm sure of it.

alaman

Jan 18, 2021, 9:22:12 AM1/18/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

Hi,

I followed this video [1] where they configure the Dialogflow to send emails using Nodemailer [2].

At first sight, it seems like, in case you are not missing any of the components detailed in the video, the issue should be related to the security of the Gmail app. Make sure that you enable the less secure apps in [3] to use Gmail to send the emails.

[1] -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErVYtGV43R8

[2] -

https://nodemailer.com/about/