System Entity and Parameter Capture

Alastair Breare

Jul 14, 2022, 6:06:46 PM7/14/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I have a flow where I am capturing the customer name and address and I'm using sys.person and sys.address but prior to getting to the intent that captures the details the customer is asked if they consent to them being collected.   If they answer yes then the follow up node asks a single question to enter their full name which triggers the next intent to capture the name and then asks for the address.    This all works however, if I don't enter a valid name instead of the prompt asking for the name again (when capturing the parameter) it just drops out to the fallback intent.    If I enter a valid name but then enter an invalid address then it reverts to the prompt and asks for the address again and doesn't drop out.  I know this is not specific to sys.person as I can switch it round and ask for the address first and if an invalid address is entered it drops out to the fallback intent.

Now I can get it to work in the following way.   When I ask the customer if they wish to provide their details and they say yes I then capture the information in that intent i.e. 1 step earlier than above.   In this scenario it works and if you enter and invalid name it just cycles round until it gets a valid name.

My question is should the first scenario work as I don't really want to recode the flows as there are a number and it would mean removing a step and having to create the follow up intents.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly received.

Jose Gutierrez Paliza

Jul 18, 2022, 4:57:27 PM7/18/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
It could work but, I would prefer to create follow up intents to avoid any possible errors.