Virtual agent to human handoff

Anders Lilleengen

Jun 6, 2022, 10:58:13 AM6/6/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hello! I'm new to Dialogflow ES and I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure my virtual agent to hand off the conversation to a human agent. Furthermore I'm not sure where this chat takeover would take place. I'm trying to set it up using the conact center AI services, I thought Agent Assist was the console to set it up I'm, but I haven't been able to find any detailed documentation on how to do this. This is the only relevant article I've found: https://cloud.google.com/agent-assist/docs/handoff

-Anders

Anders Lilleengen

Jun 6, 2022, 5:08:22 PM6/6/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I've now solved the problem. For anyone else having a simular issue I recommend using Dialogflow in combinadtion with respond.io. Respond io proviodes the website integration, human agent handoff & a website app to manage everything from.  By far the best alternative to solving the problem that I've found.

Jose Gutierrez Paliza

Jun 6, 2022, 5:10:30 PM6/6/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

There is a way adding a NodeJS project to your configuration that will do a real time conversation using sockets. You can see this step by step setup instructions[1] on how to make an agent to human handoff using nodeJs. Also here is a video tutorial[2] using this github project.

[1]https://github.com/dialogflow/agent-human-handoff-nodejs#setup-instructions

[2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAypIKmzyY