Agent migration to another region

Clément Beaujoin

Jan 18, 2021, 6:16:18 AM1/18/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi,

I have agents initially setuped in the US (global) region, as my agents are used in Europe, is there anyway to migrate them in EU-W2 without recreating them ?

Regards,

Manuel Alaman Escolano

Jan 19, 2021, 10:01:29 AM1/19/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

Hi,

First of all, notice that there are some differences between Dialogflow CX and ES [1].

There is no direct way to migrate the agents between regions for now, however there are some workarounds so you do not have to create the agent from scratch in the second region.

Regarding the Dialogflow ES, the easiest way I found to move an agent to a different region would be by exporting your agent in US [2] and importing it to another agent in EU-W2. It is important to notice that Dialogflow provides “data residency  provides data residency to keep your data-at-rest physically within a geographical region or location. When a region is specified, your data-at-rest is not replicated outside the region” [3].

Analogously, in case you are using Dialogflow CX, you will be able to export and import your agent as stated in [4].

[1] -

https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/docs#dialogflow_cx_and_es

[2] -

https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/es/docs/agents-settings#export