Human-like typing speed

Kazel Koh

Dec 15, 2020, 9:08:38 AM12/15/20
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi, I am currently attempting to modify our dialogflow agent to be more human-like.
How would we reduce the agent's response speed or typing speed so that the response would not be delivered almost immediately?

Jinjun Q

Dec 16, 2020, 3:47:11 PM12/16/20
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hello,

You can use Custom events [1] to add delay in response. However, if you wish Dialogflow to be slower overall on every response message, you can open a feature request on our Public Issue Tracker [2] to add an universal delay value in Agent settings.

Kazel Koh

Dec 17, 2020, 3:52:09 AM12/17/20
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

Hi Jinjun,

Thank you for your response.
You mentioned using custom events to add delay, but I have checked the docs, and it seems that there is no clear option to delay responses, only to chain intents or setting up intents through web hooks.
Could you elaborate more on how custom events can be used to add delay in responses?

Thanks!

Jinjun Q

Dec 23, 2020, 5:28:42 PM12/23/20
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Customer events are to be used to trigger intents at given times. It might not be useful for your requirement which is to add overall response delay on every message. That would be best to have an option in Agent settings. Please open a feature request as Dialogflow doesn't have such a feature right now.