Is it possible to send videos from Dialogflow ES?

Dan King

Apr 7, 2021, 11:54:38 AM4/7/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Is there a way to send & play video in the Dialogflow ES?

I'm using this code for images:

{
        "type": "image",
        "rawUrl": "https://xxxxxxx.jpeg",
        "accessibilityText": "text"
      }

Thanks!

swaylan

Apr 7, 2021, 4:08:20 PM4/7/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
There's no direct way to send & play videos through Dialogflow ES, as these are the various types that can be send [1], but it may be possible via a custom payload response [2] which isn't directly processed by Dialogflow.

Here's an example [3], which uses Facebook as the integration [4].

Dan King

Apr 8, 2021, 5:45:34 AM4/8/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Thanks... but I'm in the EU so video is now blocked on FB Messenger... grrrr

swaylan

Apr 8, 2021, 10:15:54 AM4/8/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Ah, that does make things trickier, as the only way I'm aware of is via custom payload.