Updating the fallback and welcome intent via API

Vic Ratnieks

May 11, 2022, 12:30:22 AM5/11/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi,

Is it possible to update the fallback and welcome intents via the API? If so, where is it documented?

Cheers, Vic

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

May 11, 2022, 1:23:13 PM5/11/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I think you are looking for this documentation

Vic Ratnieks

May 11, 2022, 3:55:42 PM5/11/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I’ve seen that but that doesn’t mention which API call can be used to update the welcome or fallback intents. I could get their ids from the console and use the Update calls but I was hoping there might be another call?

Just to be clear, I can see there's a field "isFallback" in the Intent Resource - https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/es/docs/reference/rest/v2/projects.agent.intents#Intent so I can create/update additional fallback intents, but is there a different API call or setting to update default Welcome and Fallback Intents apart from finding their Intent Id and updating directly?

Cheers, Vic

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

May 12, 2022, 11:24:43 AM5/12/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I found this tutorial video that explains how to modify both of the, hope it helps you.

Vic Ratnieks

May 12, 2022, 3:37:58 PM5/12/22
to Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo, Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Eduardo,

I know how to change them using the DF console, of course. But I am referring to using an API call to change the default ones. Is there a specific one to change these, or do I just use the update intent calls, and I need to pass the default welcome and fallback Intent Id's? It's just that I thought there might be a way otherwise I need to obtain those Id's first.

Cheers, Vic

--
© 2021 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Dialogflow Essentials (f.k.a. Enterprise) Edition Discussion Google Group (dialogflow-essent...@googlegroups.com; former email: dialogflow-enterp...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Dialogflow community and the Dialogflow Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dialogflow Essentials Edition users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dialogflow-essentials-edition-users/cc09bfc6-b4db-4a7d-9fdd-8230271396edn%40googlegroups.com.

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

May 13, 2022, 12:03:05 PM5/13/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Well all i could find is this information if it also doesn't help you I would recommend that you do it with the id's.