Voice responses

Reynaldo Allan Fulin

Feb 8, 2021, 2:10:43 PM2/8/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi there.

I'm trying to understand how to make the responses work with telephony.

The issue: I have intents that the response for text and for telephony differ. For instance, in text responses, emoji, markdown, and other stuff can be used. But for telephony, SSML should be used.

The thing is: as far as I understood, you can add different types of responses in an intent, including SSML for Dialogflow Phone Gateway. So voice calls with the agent get these responses instead of the default, and it would be wonderful.

But it doesn't work well. It works for the integration "Dialogflow Phone Gateway", which is beta, only supports USA numbers, and doesn't integrate with other workflows. But If you use other integrations, like the "One-click telephony" such as Avaya, or other such Genesys Cloud, it doesn't work! It will get the default response instead of the one for telephony.

Just remembering: the text responses there are formating, emoji, and other stuff that totally messes up when reading with STT, besides not using SSML. To handle this, there are some workarounds, but they elevate the complexity of the agents and fulfillment dramatically and exponentially.

I don't know if there is anything I'm doing wrong, if there is something wrong with the Dialogflow implementation or if there is something wrong with the integrations parts.

I tried to find any tips on this in the documentation but I couldn't find. For instance, if is there any way to select the response type in the fulfillment response, or even creating new types of response.

Jinjun Q

Feb 17, 2021, 2:44:22 PM2/17/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hello,

Dialogflow's own Phone Gateway, it's Avaya integration and Genesys integration are all in Beta. If you found anything not working or lacking of feature, please create issues in Public Issue Tracker for Dialogflow team to look at. Google Groups are only for general discussion.