Dialogflow firebase database

Trevor Douglas

Nov 22, 2021, 4:48:17 AM11/22/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I am following some tutorials connecting dailogflow chat to a Firebase database.  I
receive this warning which I suspect is why I cannot access the database:"Warning, FIREBASE_CONFIG environment variable is missing. Initializing firebase-admin will fail.  Can anyone help?

Allen Firstenberg

Nov 22, 2021, 9:00:02 AM11/22/21
to Trevor Douglas, Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
You may want to post your question on StackOverflow and tag it with the "firebase" and "dialogflow-es" tags with as much information as you can. Sample code will help a lot, as well as an explanation of what you're trying to do and what tutorials you've been following. "Connecting dialogflow to Firebase" is a pretty broad statement, so being as clear and specific as you can will go a along way.

The broad answer to your question, however, is that you need to set the FIREBASE_CONFIG environment variable, as the error states.How you do that depends on a lot of things about how you're trying to access the database, which is why showing code helps.

Allen

--
© 2021 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Dialogflow Essentials (f.k.a. Enterprise) Edition Discussion Google Group (dialogflow-essent...@googlegroups.com; former email: dialogflow-enterp...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Dialogflow community and the Dialogflow Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dialogflow Essentials Edition users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dialogflow-essentials-edition-users/492c71dc-5b7c-49e9-b533-b7fafb2f8c76n%40googlegroups.com.