Session variables are not retained

Lakshmi Vairamani

Mar 7, 2021, 5:28:22 AM3/7/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
We have a Google Assistant based (google assistant + dialogflow) chatbot with python API for fulfillment.

Local Setup:
In local machine with Python Flask API + ngork setup, we didn't face any issues with session variables.

Server Setup:
In Hostinger VPS (Ubuntu), we deployed the same code with Flask API + gunicorn + nginx. We observed that the session variables are getting resetting very frequently.

Session Management:
We added the following code in Python for sessions to stay longer.
    app.permanent_session_lifetime = timedelta(minutes=10)

Would appreciate any help in sorting out this issue.

Kevin

Mar 26, 2021, 11:52:49 AM3/26/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hello,

Please remind that Google Groups are reserved for general product discussion, StackOverflow for technical questions whereas Issue Tracker for product issues (unexpected behaviors) and feature requests, see [1].

Therefore, as your issue seem related to configuration and/or code, I would have suggested that you raise an issue on Stackoverflow but I can see that you did it already [2]. However, I would recommend you to give more details and, if possible, some more snippets of code or a minimal reproduction setup for users to be able to easily reproduce on their side.

In any case, as you mentioned that you managed to get it working locally with Flask API + ngork, I would also raise an issue on the mentioned additional libraries that seems to be triggering this behavior.

On the other hand, if you believe that your config is correct and this is an unexpected behavior from one of our services, you can create an issue report on issue-tracker [3].

Best regards.
[1] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/community