Conversational Actions sunset

Jack van Dooren

Jun 14, 2022, 9:58:29 AM6/14/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

Hello, we built DF agents to provide conversational services via Google Home devices. Unfortunately due to the Conversational Actions sunset this won’t work from next summer 13 june 2023. For us it’s not clear how we can migrate to a new situation where we can still use the existing DF agents and provide our service via Google Home devices.

Can you please advise us.

Thanks for the help!

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jun 14, 2022, 5:52:52 PM6/14/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Google provided information about this topic, it says that they are migrating App Actions documentation to the android developer site, you can read more about this topic in here.

Jack van Dooren

Jun 15, 2022, 1:55:40 PM6/15/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for your reply! I haven’t yet discovered a migration path for this situation: Dialogflow - Conversational Action – GoogleHome. It would be nice if some service would replace Conversational Action.

Currently we provide elderly people and people with disabilities with Voice spoken reminders and questions during the day via Google Home in combination with DialogFlow. Currently these reminders and questions get activated by a Google Home routine on a certain time/day.

Now we figuring out how we can continue our service for these customers. One of our thoughts is to put a Raspberry Pi device at the customer location, connected to a Google Home of the customer. Via our remote server (using Dialog flow) we sent TTS or start conversations via the Raspberry Pi device with the Google Home.

Do you think this is possible? We don’t want to disappoint our customers which are depending on our service.

Looking forward to your or anyone reply!!

Kind regards, Jack

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jun 15, 2022, 6:54:16 PM6/15/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users

Hello Jack, I couldn’t find any information regarding the migration path that you are asking, but for the second requirement I just have a question for you

Is Dialogflow TTS going to work with the raspberry pi that you plan to use? If the answer is yes, you can connect google cloud platform with raspberry pi so this would make the conversation easier between these. If you want a guide, you can refer to the next tutorial to connect both of them.

Jack van Dooren

Jun 16, 2022, 2:28:18 PM6/16/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Thanks Eduardo! Not sure  if Dialogflow TTS  going to work with the raspberry pi. I will check the tutorial.