confirmation intent from knowledgebase

Greg Sliwoski

Feb 10, 2021, 11:14:08 AM2/10/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I'm struggling to get a follow up intent from knowledgebase that allows the user to indicate whether the response was relevant or not. I would like to begin internal testing on my dialogflow chatbot, however, I expect there to be frequent instances where the incorrect question is inferred. When this happens, and the bot returns the corresponding answer to the incorrect question, I would like to prompt the user to answer 'was that answer relevant?' and require them to enter yes or no. I recognize that I need to do this through a webhook as knowledgebase refuses to be an intent with the same followup intent capabilities (not that follow up intent can force the user into a yes/no anyway as far as I can tell). I've tried intent chaining, a bunch of different hacks to get this to work, and I simply can't. I recognize that knowledgebase is not intended to be used as anything more than a one-off response but I think it's very important to prompt the tester to indicate the accuracy of the response so that I can easily parse logs and identify weakpoints in the knowledgebase. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Currently, my webhook is in python built from the ground up. I use no fulfillment libraries as I've found them limiting.

Jinjun Q

Feb 25, 2021, 5:31:17 PM2/25/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hello,

Are you able to fully utilize follow up intents, to add a question of 'was that answer relevant?' in your answer? And based on user's response, add more nested follow up intents to address user's yes or no answer?

Also to let you know, Google Groups are for general product discussion. For specific agent building questions, please use Stackoverflow.com as a better resource.