Select response type from API DetectIntent

Reynaldo Allan Fulin

Mar 4, 2021, 8:37:55 AM3/4/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi.

I'm developing using the Dialogflow API (v2). I call the DetectIntent() method, which detects the intent all right. The problem is, the intent has many response types, but the response I'm getting only comes with the default response type.

So, how do I get all response types, or a specific one different from the default, for an intent detection?

swaylan

Mar 4, 2021, 12:56:24 PM3/4/21
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
An end-users expression is matched to the training phrases (the more training phrases the better) of an intent and matches it based on 2 different algorithms; rule-based matching and ML matching [1]. Dialogflow also scores intent detection (a range from 0.0 to 1.0) that illustrates how and why it matched a specific intent.

Furthermore, you can manually set priorities [3] for intents which affects how it is then matched, depending if you set the priority (a range that goes from highest to ignore), within the intent settings.