Chatbot not work in google chat group or space

Kyro Gao

Jun 16, 2022, 2:27:27 PM6/16/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi team,

I created a chatbot by using dialogflow and integrated it with google chat. When I talk to it in a DM, it works. But when I add it to a group or space, the bot wont response to my question. Is there some setting I'm missing? I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
buTQg.pngHmy2w.png

If you have received this email in error, please let me know by return email so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Because emails can contain confidential and privileged material, I'd ask for your help by deleting it and any attachments. Thanks!

We like to keep people up to date with information about new products and services at ATB or changes that could affect you. You can check out more about ATB and CASL at http://www.atb.com/important-information/privacy-security/Pages/ATB-and-CASL.aspx

Kyro Gao

Jun 17, 2022, 7:05:26 PM6/17/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I think the reason is I don't active the mention event. When I mention the chat bot in a DM, it cant respond either. Can I get some information about the mention event? thanka a lot.

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jun 20, 2022, 7:56:23 PM6/20/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I would recommend that you create your custom event since I couldn't find any information about the mention event you are referring to, with the custom event you can tell it to trigger when you call it.

Kyro Gao

Jun 21, 2022, 12:56:14 PM6/21/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your response. I checked the backend of this bot. It doesn't get any message when it is in chat group or chat space.
But I can get messages in the direct message.
I checked the settings of google chat api and dialogflow, everything looks good. I have already selected "Join spaces and group conversations".
Any suggestions for me to let the bot be able to get message in chat group.

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jun 27, 2022, 1:37:37 PM6/27/22
to Dialogflow Essentials Edition users
I found this tutorial that guides you step by step to completely implement your bots created on dialogflow into google groups.