Googlesheets webhook

Ajmal Nazir

Aug 17, 2021, 6:01:21 PM8/17/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi,   I'm new to dialogflow.

Is there an out of the box webhook to interact with googlesheets to either lookup information or update ?

Marc Rhandall Panuculan

Aug 19, 2021, 3:27:26 AM8/19/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users

Google doesn’t provide an ​​out of the box Dialogflow CX webhook sample that interacts with Google Sheets.

However, you can create your own webhook by referring to the Dialogflow CX Webhook Service documentation.

In your webhook service, you can use the Google Sheets API to lookup information or update cells on your spreadsheet. For reading or writing cell values, you can use spreadsheets.values methods.

Ajmal Nazir

Aug 19, 2021, 4:54:45 PM8/19/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Thanks Marc.

This was helpful.  I feel the documentation is very limited or it could be due my lack of experience.

I managed to simulate a webhook using https://webhook.site  and after a lot of trial and error was able to create a response that CX accepted.  I am now trying to find documentation to assist in how to configure CX to take information and set to variables/entities so I can use them.  At the moment it seems to be printing out the text to my console/chat window.

Rgds