Barge-in not working

Priya Arunagiri

Sep 5, 2022, 2:29:02 PM9/5/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi All,
    I integrated my bot with genesys purecloud. if i enable the barge in flow level settings bot is not waiting for user input and playing no input even if i set the no input timeout to 10s. So, I have disabled the barge in agent settings. But I need to be enabled for only one page. so inside parameters on the respective page I clicked on customize and enabled the barge-in and saved and went back. When I open the params again now it changed into "Flow level settings" even though I choose customize option before.

Vice versa if i enable the barge-in in agent settings and try to disable in page level its not working. Pls help.

My agent is created in northamerica-northeast1 (Montréal, Québec, Canada) region.

Jean-Philippe Gariépy

Sep 7, 2022, 11:04:35 AM9/7/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi Priya,

First, I'm not familiar with the Genesys Cloud integration but I don't believe there is a relationship between the no-input timeout and the barge-in flag. "Barge-in" only means that the user can respond before the prompt ends.

As for the problem you encounter, it seems to be a bug. I have validated on a test agent and I have the same problem. For some reason, the barge-in page customization is not persisted. It used to work before.  The same problem seems to exist at the flow level. I recommend to open a bug to the Dialogflow team.