Passing Intent Parameters to a form?

Kevin MacDermid

Nov 25, 2020, 11:15:02 AM11/25/20
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hey, this might be in the docs but I couldn't figure it out. I'm looking at creating a customer service agent and I want the following cases to work.

1. "I would like to cancel an order"
Which goes to a GetOrderInfo page and asks for the order number and email address

2 "I would like to cancel the order 12345678"
Which goes to the GetOrderInfo page and realizes that the order number has already been provided.

I've figured out having the order number get recognized as part of the intent, but I don't see how to tell the GetOrderInfo page to look to see if the parameter already exists. The only way I can see handling it at the moment is with conditional routes to separate versions of the GetOrderInfo page, but that would create a lot of technical debt in maintenance.

If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Anthony Vallone

Nov 25, 2020, 4:29:25 PM11/25/20
to Kevin MacDermid, Dialogflow CX Edition users
I believe the quick start guide has an example that is very similar to this.
Note:

--
© 2020 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Dialogflow CX Edition Discussion Google Group (dialogflow-cx...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Dialogflow community and the Dialogflow Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dialogflow CX Edition users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dialogflow-cx-edition-users/a75d1edb-3464-403a-98a0-be2420c693ban%40googlegroups.com.

Kevin MacDermid

Nov 26, 2020, 11:02:43 AM11/26/20
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Right on, thank you! I'd tried that but made a mistake and used different names for the parameters in the two locations, so they didn't connect. It's now fixed.

I am a little concerned about how all parameters will effectively be in the global namespace, seems like it could be challenging to keep the parameters under the intent aligned with all the pages that follow from it. This shouldn't cause a problem for my relatively small bot though.