How to update Dialogflow session entities and prompts at runtime

lavika singhal

May 25, 2022, 11:10:12 AM5/25/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi

We are trying to build an agent that works with graphql. So currently to make this work, we are checking the current entities and removing or adding them based on what we need in Dialogflow. We also need to update the prompts in the intents based on the updated entities. This makes the agent slow and unreliable at times.

 We did try using session entities but that doesn't update the prompts.

 Is there a better way to do it or some Dialogflow functionality that already supports this?

Regards,
Lavika

Jose Gutierrez Paliza

May 27, 2022, 3:27:32 PM5/27/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users

You can use Apigee to manage[1] the interactions between Dialogflow and your backend services. Apigiee's ParseDialogflowRequest and SetDialogflowResponse policies enable easier integration with Dialogflow[2]. By using these policies, you can easily plug-in your backend services to handle fulfillment requests from Dialogflow. Using Apigee you can use Graphql[3].

[1]https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/publish/create-api-products#add

[2]https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/develop/integrating-apigee-contact-center-ai#support-for-dialogflow-in-apigee

[3]https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/develop/graphql