Charges $$ from Dialogflow CX

Amyn Rajwani

Feb 23, 2022, 6:30:54 PM2/23/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Does anyone know how to prevent getting charged by Google when a user only clicks on the welcome intent but does not interact with the Chatbot?

Dilpreet Kaur

Feb 24, 2022, 1:43:00 PM2/24/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users

The pricing for Dialogflow CX specific charges is explained in Pricing table [1]. When you click on the Welcome intent you are charged as you are interacting with Dialogflow API.

These is no direct solution to avoid these charges but a possible solution can be to have a script to check if the user is going further than welcome intent (trying to trigger other intents)

[1] https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/pricing

Amyn Rajwani

Jun 3, 2022, 1:27:52 PM6/3/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Does Google charge to display a welcome message in CX next to the widget.  I created a custom event to let the user know what the chatbot was about through a greeting. I embed this event into my snippet that I embed in my html page.  So my question is when this greeting pops up on my webpage next to the chatbot widget does google charge for this?