Cannot trigger route groups' intents on parameter capturing page

Akash Sunil Nirantar

Mar 2, 2022, 1:55:48 AM3/2/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hello,

I am developing a page that accepts various parameters. I have added route groups that contains FAQs regarding the parameters. But the route groups intent does not get triggered if the parameter value is present in a question.

For instance,
I want my bot to work like this:
Bot asks: What type of dwelling do you live in? (QR: House, Townhouse, apartment)
User asks: What is a house ? Can you explain me? (This should trigger the FAQ route group intent)
Bot says: [Explanation_meaning_of_house_townhouse_apartment]
Bot asks: What type of dwelling do you live in? (QR: House, Townhouse, apartment)

But instead it works like this:
Bot asks: What type of dwelling do you live in? (QR: House, Townhouse, apartment)
User asks: What is a house ? Can you explain me?

[Bot captures house as the dwell-type parameter and goes ahead]
[Route group intent are not triggered at all]

But if my route group FAQ intent has an training phrase "Explain me" then I can say "Explain me" in the chat and triggers it. The problem is faced when user asks question where a parameter's value is present. For e.g. Can you explain me what is an apartment?

Let me know how to achieve this.

Cheers

Kevin Tielve

Mar 7, 2022, 11:13:51 AM3/7/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
But do you have training phrases that includes question and parameter's values (eg: "Can you explain me what a house is?" or "What is a house?"). It is important to train the agent with the parameters that it will encounter from the users.

Akash Sunil Nirantar

Mar 7, 2022, 6:26:25 PM3/7/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Thanks Kevin for your reply!
Yes, I have such training phrases in my route groups.
Here's an image for reference.

In the parameter captured.png screenshot you can see after I asked the question it captured 'apartment' as parameter.
Parameter captured.png
Training phrases.png

Kevin Tielve

Mar 8, 2022, 10:14:47 AM3/8/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Yes, it does capture the parameter, probably because the entity exists but from your training phrase screenshot, I don't see that you have added the entity to the specific words, otherwise "apartment" or "townhouse" would be highlighted in color (as I assume that they would both be part of the dwell-type parameter).
In your training phrases, when you select a word with the mouse, you should see a drop-down menu from which you can choose an entity from yours and the system's entities (see attached screenshots).

drop_down_menu.png
highlighted.png

Akash Sunil Nirantar

Apr 5, 2022, 10:14:13 PM4/5/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hello Kevin,

I tried your above step but still the issue exists. I think that is how the Dialogflow CX is developed.
Because I can face a similar issue:-
  1. I have defined a page that captures all the params
  2. I also have some intents and no-match default intent in the events
  3. Nothing is triggered other than the params on the parameter capturing page
  4. For e.g. I have an event no-match default  where if I send a message called "reset" it resets the conversation to default start flow. But this event only works on pages where I am not capturing any parameter.
  5. In this scenario(while the conversation is on parameter capturing page) if I say "reset"  it again asks the question related to parameter and waits for the parameter to be fulfilled. Hence, it does not trigger the "reset" event.

Ismail Holoubi

May 4, 2022, 5:53:36 PM5/4/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Dialogflow CX uses State Handlers to control conversation paths. You can end/reset the current session by using the END_SESSION symbolic transition target. Once the END_SESSION transition target is invoked, it clears the current session and the next user input will restart the session at the start page of the Default Start Flow.