Audio output

Jan Buszewicz

Sep 2, 2021, 11:16:59 AM9/2/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi,

I've run into problem with audio response using dialogflow cx api.
I have an dialogflow cx client implemented with grpc and C++ and I use StreamingDetectIntent method to send request to dialogflow.
In the first StreamingDetectIntentRequest message I set VoiceSelectionParams.name to "en-US-Standard-D" and in most cases everything works fine but...
if I use some specyfic phrases as a fulfillment message the response contains audio generated with incorrect voice or part of the audio uses different voice than the rest of it.
For example if set message to "I didn't understand the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me." then "I didn't understand the question" is spoken by different voice than "Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me".
I've tried to play aroud with that phrase and I have no idea what is going on there.
I doesn't matter which page contain that pharse or if it is an response for intent or event request the results are always the same. The same pharse always give the same result.
What is interesting if I switch VoiceSelectionParams.name to for example "en-US-Standard-B" it works fine at least for that phrase.

I will greatfull for any kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

Examples texts:
*Example1 - "I didn't understand the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me."
*Example2 - "Well I didn't understand the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me I didn't understand the question."
*Example3 - "I didn't understand any of your questions. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me I didn't understand the question."
*Example4 - "I didn't understand cucumber the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me I didn't understand the question."
*Example5 - "I didn't understand tree the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me I didn't understand the question."
*Example6 - "I didn't understand the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me. I didn't understand the question."
*Example7 - "I didn't understand the question. Let's focus on finding the boxes. If you need a hint just ask me I didn't understand the question."

Phrases in examples are called as a username event shown in the phrase_set_up.png
Example5.mp3
Example1.mp3
Example7.mp3
Example4.mp3