DialogFlow CX fulfilment webhook

Software Developer Skills With Jana Bergant

Sep 16, 2020, 12:20:48 PM9/16/20
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi,
I'm thrilled about the new DialogFlow CX release.

I'm having trouble finding a resource for implementing a webhook call for fulfillment for the new DialogFlow CX. For the ES I was using this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/dialogflow-fulfillment

I cannot find any resource for fulfillment implementation for node.js in the new CX implementation.

 Could you point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,
Jana

Svetlana Pastukhova

Sep 16, 2020, 1:27:19 PM9/16/20
to Dialogflow CX Edition users

Allen Firstenberg

Sep 16, 2020, 1:53:07 PM9/16/20
to Software Developer Skills With Jana Bergant, Dialogflow CX Edition users
Jana,

Dialogflow hasn't released a library for use with CX yet. There are some third party libraries that have at least initial support for CX (disclaimer - I'm the primary author for one of them - https://multivocal.info), but there are some issues with webhooks in CX in general that make some of the more sophisticated operations difficult.

You can also, of course, read the JSON that is sent (https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/cx/docs/reference/rpc/google.cloud.dialogflow.cx.v3beta1#webhookrequest) and reply in the CX JSON format (https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/cx/docs/reference/rpc/google.cloud.dialogflow.cx.v3beta1#webhookresponse). My experience with it so far is that this documentation is poor, however, and that you need to use camelCase instead of the snake_case that is documented.

Good luck!
Allen

--
© 2020 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Dialogflow CX Edition Discussion Google Group (dialogflow-cx...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Dialogflow community and the Dialogflow Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dialogflow CX Edition users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dialogflow-cx-edition-users/f3b917d0-f0da-4042-bc28-0f53684262e2n%40googlegroups.com.