Dialogflow CX bot does not display the fulfilment text when a custom event is triggered externally

Akash Sunil Nirantar

Sep 8, 2022, 2:35:14 AM9/8/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hello Users,
I am triggering a custom event using the API. The event gets successfully triggered but it does not display the fulfilment text.

More info:-

Does anyone know about this little bug?
Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.33.04 pm.png

Devashish Mamgain

Sep 8, 2022, 3:38:38 AM9/8/22
to Akash Sunil Nirantar, Dialogflow CX Edition users
Please share some details on how the event is triggered from an external API?
Is that API trigger call through the same chat session association?

--
© 2022 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Dialogflow CX Edition Discussion Google Group (dialogflow-cx...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Dialogflow community and the Dialogflow Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dialogflow CX Edition users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dialogflow-cx-edition-users/ac422820-a055-4c86-8c3e-ae295ae9d031n%40googlegroups.com.

Akash Sunil Nirantar

Sep 8, 2022, 6:50:39 AM9/8/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
So I have developed the standalone API called 'trigger_event' in python/flask and deployed it on Google app engine.
The API accepts parameters - event_name, dialogflow session id and any extra params to save on the session
My login system calls the API once the user is logged in so that the next page can be triggered on the chatbot.
The API works fine and it successfully triggers the event but the fulfilment text is not displayed. When the API is fired -> and the event is triggered, I have a confirmation message that should be displayed but there is nothing on the chatbot. At this stage if I type 'yes' or 'no' the chatbot accepts the confirmation and displayed the next fulfilment message.