SmallTalk in DIalogflow CX

Muqaddas Rashid

Nov 18, 2021, 7:42:31 AM11/18/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Good Day, I wanted to add small talk feature in Dialogflow cx so that bot could respond to some basic greeting etc. In Dialogflow ES I extended the Smalltalk built-in agent but in Dialogflow CX I am not getting how to add them.
Here are the possible solution coming into my mind.

1. Create Route Group of small talk intents and their responses for all the flows, but con is I have to do it for all the flows. It seems not a good approach but still it will work.

2. Global intent trigger like we use to do in Dialogflow ES by setting priority high. But in Dialogflow I am not able to see any feature like that.

If anyone have better suggestion please share.

Regards

Olusayo Akinlaja

Nov 18, 2021, 11:01:47 AM11/18/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Hi,

As you may already know, there is a  pre-built small talk agent[0] for Dialogflow CX. This can be imported into the Dialogflow CX and even customized to what you intend to let it help users do. Is this a consideration for your use-case?

Muqaddas Rashid

Nov 19, 2021, 3:30:01 AM11/19/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Thanks Olusayo, but my concern is that the agent on which I am woking has multiple pages and flows. So do I have to add all of the intents in routes/route-group to make it available across the bot?

Fabio De Angelis

Nov 23, 2021, 5:25:56 AM11/23/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Yes, to make an intent available for your bot you should add it to one of the agent's pages.
Similarly, a page must be included in a route to be activated at some point.

Fabio De Angelis

Nov 23, 2021, 5:54:22 AM11/23/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Unless you want to directly use an imported Small Talk agent and customize it. In this case your intents and flows are already defined and you can remove/edit them or add new ones.
But I understand that you want to create a complex agent which does not include only small talks intents, is it right?

Muqaddas Rashid

Nov 23, 2021, 6:25:18 AM11/23/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Yes Exactly. My bot currently have around 15 flows and I want to make sure that those small talks are available in each of them. But adding them in each flow is hectic because you have to add fulfilment for all of them separately. There should be some global or priority kind of feature the way it was in Dialogflow ES.
Even Action on Google have this thing but it is not in Dialogflow CX.

ADITYA PATEL

Nov 23, 2021, 2:06:23 PM11/23/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
+1 for this issue

Rodrigo Jara

Dec 8, 2021, 6:32:44 AM12/8/21
to Dialogflow CX Edition users

You can use the Small Talk pre-built agent as a template, exporting the flow of the pre-built as "small-talk-flow" and then importing it into your custom agent. After doing so, you'll have the small-talk-flow and related resources available in your new agent.

Now to make the small-talk flow available when you are in other flows you can configure the Pages of the other flows as follows:
  1. Click on [Page name] , in Routes > Add Route > Intent select an intent that would trigger the small talk, like "small_talk.greetings.hello" already present in the imported small-talk flow or a custom intent you created to trigger it, such as an intent called "small_talk.trigger" with training phrases like "let's chat", "let's talk", etc.
  2. Inside the Route, in Transition select Flow > small-talk-flow
  3. Also, you can do the inverse path and add the trigger intents and transitions to other flows in the small-talk-flow page/pages, so you can call other flows at any point in the small talk.