Advanced NLU v/s Standard NLU

Saurav Nair

Aug 26, 2022, 11:40:01 AM8/26/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
Can someone help me understand when should we use Advanced NLU in Dialogflow CX?

From my understanding, standard NLU is suitable during development as it has the auto-train ability and once we deploy the agent to Prod (let's assume its a different agent and not an environment), we can enable Advanced NLU as we don't expect any changes directly made to the prod agent.

But if we do this can we guarantee that the testing done for the dev agent with standard NLU is sufficient and there won't be any unwanted behavior?
Also, is Advanced NLU recommended for all the agents built in Dialogflow CX or is there a specific criterion in choosing the NLU option?

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Aug 31, 2022, 6:59:18 PM8/31/22
to Dialogflow CX Edition users
I found this documentation, where it explains in which different scenarios you might benefit from different ways to implement Advanced NLU or the Standard NLU.