Standalone version of the web application?

xophe86

Jan 19, 2017, 10:22:32 AM1/19/17
to DIALANG Users
Hello to all,

I am educational technologist at Poitiers University, France. We are using Dialang as program and online.

We plan to test massively 1st year students especially in English and Spanish next year at the university entrance.

I wonder if there is way to get Dialang web application (for free?) so that I could install it locally (to avoid Internet interruptions).

Another question : is there any way to have access to an administration webpage  in order to follow and download students results? (on the web, the test I try was anonymous and I wasn't able to save locally my results).

Thank you in advance for your potential answers,

Christophe

xophe86

Jan 19, 2017, 10:46:52 AM1/19/17
to DIALANG Users
Supplementary question: at least, is the material open source, free? I mean, is there a way to get the separate material (questions, answers, audios) in order to reintegrate into a LMS? (thinking about Moodle quizzes).

Thanks again!

Adrian Fish

Mar 22, 2017, 7:23:38 AM3/22/17
to DIALANG Users
Hi Christophe,

In answer to your first question: Dialang is free but you can't install it locally - it is a service provided and maintained by Lancaster University.

Your second: The data is not open and, even if it was, you'd not be able to drop it into Moodle's quizzes and you need the actual scoring algorithms which derive from language testing theory. Moodle will not do that. You can, however, integrate Dialang into Moodle via LTI.

Cheers,
Adrian.