Need help connecting with arrow.

Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός

Sep 18, 2018, 8:13:08 AM9/18/18
to diagrams-discuss
Hi guys, I have a problem connecting a "U" arrow between two two rectangulars. I explain the details on stackoverflow. Any help is much appreciated.

Ryan Yates

Sep 18, 2018, 8:50:57 AM9/18/18
to electrical...@hotmail.com, diagrams-discuss
I forgot to reply all the first time!

Hi Ηλεκτρολόγος,

The connectOutside' function traces from the midpoint between the centers of the two diagrams back to the perimeter of the diagrams.  This isn't going to find the point on the end, unfortunately.  It wouldn't be too hard to make a version of connect that traced out from the center of each diagram in a cardinal direction toward the midpoint.  When I get time I'll take a crack at it.

Ryan

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:13 AM Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός <electrical...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys, I have a problem connecting a "U" arrow between two two rectangulars. I explain the details on stackoverflow. Any help is much appreciated.

Ryan Yates

Sep 18, 2018, 9:02:09 AM9/18/18
to electrical...@hotmail.com, diagrams-discuss
Using:

   connectPerim' arrowStyle "prior" "spt" (0 @@ deg) (180 @@ deg)

Should work.

Ryan

Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός

Sep 18, 2018, 3:07:15 PM9/18/18
to diagrams-discuss

   I tried your suggestion connectPerim' arrowStyle "prior" "ssa" (0 @@ deg) (180 @@ deg)
   I also tried    connectPerim' arrowStyleU "prior" "ssa" (0 @@ deg) (180 @@ deg)

   As in the pictures below, both don't give desirable results.
   Sorry if my question was not clear. What I want is to make the reverse "Z" looking arrow straight and its head placed below bandpass-ssa arrow. Thanks for the help.

flowChart.png

flowChart.png

Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός

Sep 18, 2018, 3:11:21 PM9/18/18
to diagrams-discuss
Posted a wrong picture. This is the first result:

flowChart.png

Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός

Sep 18, 2018, 3:32:01 PM9/18/18
to diagrams-discuss
Wanted result:

flowChart.png

Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός

Sep 19, 2018, 5:36:49 AM9/19/18
to diagrams-discuss
I got it by scaling down the symbol and using 'connectPerim arrowStyleU ... '.
I posted the changes on StackOverFlow

Thanks for the help Mr.Yates.