Just Cartesian coordinate-based graphs

Galaxy Being

Nov 4, 2021, 3:57:54 PM11/4/21
to diagrams-discuss
Maybe I'm missing something, but at this point I'd just like to replace basic Gnuplot Cartesian coord-sys plots, but I'm not finding anything -- ready-made, that is -- like a -mini-DSL. With Gnuplot you can feed it a function and it plots it. That's what I'd like to do without leaving Haskell. Gnuplot is often opaque and abstruse with how you feed it data and functions, e.g., you often have to hand-parameterize stuff to work around plotting resolution issues. Hoping to sail over this with diagrams.

Brent Yorgey

Nov 4, 2021, 5:35:11 PM11/4/21
to Galaxy Being, diagrams-discuss
Have you looked at https://hackage.haskell.org/package/Chart ?  It has a diagrams backend.