Is it possible to NOT embed an image file into SVG output?

jjhe...@gmail.com

May 20, 2018, 7:19:58 AM5/20/18
to diagrams-discuss
Hi,

Diagrams.TwoD.Image seems to always force embed my input.  Is there a way have it make URL reference instead?

If a URL reference is not possible, will the embedded image support animation (I'd like to overlay a diagram on top of a gif anim)?

It was not clear from the docs if this works.

Janne

Brent Yorgey

May 21, 2018, 11:19:40 PM5/21/18
to jjhe...@gmail.com, diagrams-discuss
Right now it looks like using a URL reference is not possible with the SVG backend.  Though I imagine it should be possible in general --- someone just needs to write the code.  I doubt images embedded in SVG files support animation, but I do not know.  Try it and see I guess.

-Brent