Help maintaining diagrams?

Brent Yorgey

Jul 7, 2020, 6:16:04 PM7/7/20
to diagrams-discuss
Hi all,

I don't have much time these days for maintaining diagrams, and I've gotten a bit burnt out/discouraged at the tedium of bumping upper bounds and updating packages.  But lots of people still actively use diagrams (including me!) and we need to make sure that keeps up with changes in GHC, that it stays in Stackage, etc.  I'm wondering if anyone (or anytwo or anythree) would be willing to help / take over maintenance.

It's a bit tedious, but it could also benefit a lot from some automation if you're excited about setting up that kind of thing.  Depending how active you want to be, this could be anything from some simple maintenance up through an overhaul of our CI.  I've also considered moving a bunch of diagrams packages to a single monorepo, which might make maintenance easier, though it would also have some costs.  If you're convinced that would be helpful and willing to do the work for the conversion that might be something worth looking into as well.

Anyway, I could also put out a more general call e.g. on my blog, but I thought I would ask on the mailing list first!

-Brent

Lally Singh

Jul 16, 2020, 2:24:09 PM7/16/20
to diagrams-discuss
Hi Brent,

I'm a new but happy user.  I'm happy to help with the grunt work especially, as that requires knowing less of the library.

Moisés Ackerman

May 17, 2021, 3:15:19 PM5/17/21
to diagrams-discuss
Hi Brent,

I just learned about diagrams and I wanted to try it on GHC 9.0.1 but I ran into exactly the upper bound issues you mentioned. I also saw some recent commits on diagrams-core which is very exciting! I'd be really happy to help get this working on the latest haskell, so please let me know how I could be of help.