Flat file database ?

Alex

Apr 26, 2011, 9:02:15 AM4/26/11
to diagramo
I think most of the people that use Diagramo on their site should not
even need to have a mySQL database in order to run Diagramo.

I was thinking to make a flat file version (no mySQL needed) of
Diagramo.

What do you people think about this?

/Alex

Zack Newsham

Apr 26, 2011, 9:04:45 AM4/26/11
to diag...@googlegroups.com
I agree. We should be able to easily set up a controller that we can use to save to either a database or a flat file depending on user options. We should also be able to massively shrink the amount of data saved with a little work too

Sent from my iPhone

Alex

Apr 28, 2011, 2:21:40 PM4/28/11
to diagramo
I think people do not need a full db to keep just a few diagrams.

I think DB is so overrated....I would agree with a sqlLite but i'm not
sure how many have this installed - i know it is present by default
after php 5.x but some hosts just disable the module :p