Please vote new features

Alex

Mar 17, 2011, 9:51:27 AM3/17/11
to diagramo
As we will move to next development cycle and there are a lot of
features to implement
we picked 6 features we think are important.

1. Image editing – able to have figures that contain images inside
(JPG, PNG, etc)
2. Minimap – a small minimap from where you can navigate on large
diagrams
3. Thumbnail - Add a diagram tumbnail in diagram list
4. Figure editor – something brutally simple but to allow anyone to
create figures more easily.
5. Gradients - support for gradient filling
6. Versioning – have a history of a diagram (even this might eat a lot
of space on server side)

If you will have 5 points to allocate please let us know which
features you find more appealing.

Example:
Image editing +3
Figure editor +2

/Alex

Johan Prinsloo

Mar 17, 2011, 1:48:01 PM3/17/11
to diagramo
+5 for the Minimap.
in our field the diagrams tend to get big very quickly and navigation
is important.

Darren Younger

Mar 17, 2011, 2:03:39 PM3/17/11
to diag...@googlegroups.com
Minimap +4
Image support +1

I would also like to add Zoom as my next top feature in priority.

Kind Regards,
Darren.

Zack Newsham

Mar 17, 2011, 2:06:37 PM3/17/11
to diag...@googlegroups.com
Figure Editor +3,
Minimap +2

fernando jimenez

Mar 17, 2011, 3:48:14 PM3/17/11
to diag...@googlegroups.com
+5 for image editing. Though I think minimap would be very useful too.

Regards ,
Fernando

da...@60works.com

Mar 17, 2011, 4:43:53 PM3/17/11
to diag...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

If vector graphics are included in the import list...
Image Editing +5

If raster only...
Thumbnail +5

Thanks for including me in this conversation,
Dave

Alex

Mar 18, 2011, 11:19:50 AM3/18/11
to diagramo
First: My vote
My vote is
minimap +3
image support +2

Second: Winner
It seems that minimap is very popular so we will put it for next
release. We will make a new release (in progress right now) very soon
and then we will add minimap.

Third: Figure editor
For figure editor - we thought about making a very simple editor. A
textarea where you drop your code and a canvas where you can see the
preview.
Of course a very advanced editor can be created - completely visual -
but this takes a lot of resources.

What do you think?

/Alex

Darren Younger

Mar 18, 2011, 1:45:19 PM3/18/11
to diag...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a great plan!

When you do the next release, will you also have a change-log document so we all know what is different to the previous version?

Kind Regards,
Darren.

Apr 6, 2011, 4:05:54 AM4/6/11
to diagramo
Take a look at the minimap we will add to diagramo.

http://diagramo.com/editor/test/minimap/

Now we do the "transplant" to the main core :D

Nery

Apr 21, 2011, 3:09:31 AM4/21/11
to diagramo
The image editing is great, i already modified ur code to create
predefined images.
minimap is also very useful,
but we have also the zoomin/zoomout, adding context menu to the
created diagrams, and the most important thing that instead of
clicking on the toolbox and then on the grid, to add the drag and drop
functionality using jquery :)

Alex

Apr 21, 2011, 6:01:45 AM4/21/11
to diagramo
Hi

1. Can you post it somewhere for us to see that? (once we will migrate
to a distributed version control it will easier to see changes :) )
2. Why do you want DnD ? And if you want it, how the "dragging icon"
will look like? Should it be the same as the figure thumbnail?

/Alex

Nery

Apr 21, 2011, 6:12:51 AM4/21/11
to diagramo
well its somehow not easy to me to post the page online, but if u
want, i can send u the code,
as for the DnD, its more flexible, and it could be really exciting to
use it not only from pc, but from ipad and iphone as well
the dragging icon should be the same as the icon in the toolbox or
thumbnail

Nery

Alex

Apr 21, 2011, 6:29:13 AM4/21/11
to diagramo
Adding support for tablets (iPad and Tab) it's a must. For that we
will need to work on the event system a little.

Send me the code you have to alex at scriptoid dot com