Workshop/Discussion on DH and Manuscript Studies

James Morris

Oct 7, 2022, 1:36:01 AM10/7/22
to dhj...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well!

I imagine that some of you will receive a similar email through other networks, so I am sorry if this is repeated information. I have organized an English language workshop and discussion sponsored by Waseda University's Institute for Advanced Study on working with pre-modern Asian and African manuscripts with the use of digital tools. I include the details below and attach a poster.

Please feel free to distribute this information to colleagues.

Title: Among Digitized Manuscripts: Working with Oriental Manuscripts in the Digital Age

Description: This interdisciplinary workshop will bring together three scholars working on the study of pre-modern Asian and African manuscripts with the aid of digital tools. It will seek to explore the opportunities and challenges that the digitization of the humanities provides for scholars working with different Asian and African texts and histories, and to facilitate conversation on the potential ways we may face shared challenges through interdisciplinary collaboration and a transnational research focus. Please join us to learn more about the cutting edge research being conducting at the interface of the digital humanities and pre-modern Asian and African historical studies.

Time: 20221117日(17001930
Date: 早稲田大学 26号館1102号室(大隈記念タワー)(Also on Zoom)

Speakers:

1.     LWC van Lit (Utrecht University)

Among Digitized Manuscripts: Working with Oriental Manuscripts in the Digital Age

2.     James Harry Morris (Waseda University)

Low Level Digital Humanities and the Challenge of Early Modern Japanese Texts

3.     So Miyagawa (NINJAL)

Using AI for Classical and Endangered Language Studies

Chair: Emily Ohman (Waseda University)

Registration for In-Person Attendance: https://forms.gle/QPh252NU2ycusihr9

Zoom Registration: https://list-waseda-jp.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwvcOqgrzMsEtO-ej-7w10IRtxhxG26zdvv

Inquiries to: jamesmorris[at]aoni.waseda.jp

Thank you and hope to see some of you there in person or online!

James

--
Dr. James Harry Morris, MTheol PhD FRAS
Assistant Professor, Waseda University, Waseda Institute for Advanced Study